Our school has been designated as a Title 1 school which brings additional funding to the services and programs that our Title 1 eligible children need. This federal funding is provided to our school under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. Along with the funding are guidelines that must be followed in allowing parents access to information about the Title 1 programs and services provided through this funding with continued opportunities for dialogue.
Therefore, I have scheduled our meeting on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.
At this meeting the parents of all Title 1 eligible students will meet in order to decide how the representation of this parent group will convene at our school via a voting process. In addition, at this meeting, parents will elect a parent representative using the expedited process to attend the district level meetings in order to represent our school as well as gain further information for our parents.
Because parents are so important for children’s success, your voice is extremely important. Please make every effort to join us so that we may in fact begin our discussion on how we can work together as partners in education. I look forward to seeing you at this meeting.
Patrick M. Burns
Help M.S. 217 Go PINK in hopes to raise $1,000 for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research
Join us at The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Flushing Meadows Corona Park on Sunday, October 19th 2014 @ 10 AM.
This event will be a GREAT opportunity to unite our school community together to honor those affected by breast cancer and raise awareness and money for breast cancer research.
If you would like to donate please click the link below
If you would like to join the walk please reach out to the Parent Coordinator, Ms. Vazquez @ 718-657-1120 ext. 145 today!
We appreciate your continued support!
We will be hosting an Open House on November 6th and 7th 2014 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
To attend you Must RSVP For more information contact Ms. Vazquez 718-657-1120 EXT. 145 or email DVazquez10@schools.nyc.gov
- You must bring the following documentation and proof of residency with you when enrolling in a NYC public school.
- If you are enrolling in a zoned school, bring the documents to the school.
- If you are visiting an Enrollment Office, bring the documents to the office.
- Bring your child/children with you when registering.
- Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 includes further details about enrolling in an NYC public school.
- Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
- Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days