Fall Registration will take place the week of August 31 from 9 AM - 2 PM.
What to Bring
If you are enrolling in a zoned school, bring the documents to the school.
If you are visiting a Family Welcome Center, bring the documents to the office.
Bring your child/children with you when registering.
You must bring the following documentation and proof of residency with you when enrolling in a NYC public school:
- Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
- Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: SUPPLY LIST / UNIFORM
Thank you for selecting our school as your Middle School choice. The first day of school is Wednesday, September 9, 2015. We have started the process of planning for next year. Part of that planning entails making sure all of our students are prepared for success. As your child enters Middle School we ask that they come prepared with the school supplies listed below. Please keep in mind that this is a basic list and some teachers may request other supplies as the school year rolls out.
· Scientific Calculator
· Lock for gym locker
· 6 Folders
· 5 Subject binder
· 1 package of lined Notebook Paper
· 1 package of plain copy paper
· Composition Notebooks
· Black and Blue ballpoint pens
· No. 2 Pencils
We also have a school student dress code policy intended to promote a more effective learning environment, foster school unity and pride, improve student performance, foster self-esteem, eliminate label competition, simplify dressing and minimize costs to parents. In addition the student dress code will teach children appropriate dress and decorum in their “work” place, and help to improve student conduct and discipline.
The dress code consists of a collared polo shirt (navy blue or grey) with our school logo, and either navy blue or khaki pants. Girls may choose to wear a navy blue or khaki skirt/skort.
Many parents and students purchase the polo shirt from Needleheads located at: 8801 Myrtle Ave, Glendale, NY 11385, phone number (718) 850 - 4252. Parents may also purchase the polo shirt from any available manufacturer; however, the school logo must be displayed. No designer emblems are permitted on the polo shirt. Needleheads is the only store in our community that will embroider the polo shirt with the school logo.
For navy blue or khaki pants/skirt/skort parents may shop at any school uniform store. Cookies provides a 10% discount for M.S. 217Q students. Cookies is located at: 166-21 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica NY 11432.
Orders may NOT be placed at our school, we apologize but we do not have the personnel to handle the order process.
Please Note: The first day of school is September 9, 2015. All students must be in school by 8:10 AM in proper uniform.
If you are unable to afford the uniform or would like to opt out, an appointment must be made with the Principal prior to September 9, 2015. Please call 718-657-1120 to make an appointment.